ABOUT ANNA WALDMANN
- Specialist advice for corporate and private collections
- Building, researching and managing collections
- Tailored curatorial services
- Art prizes and competitions establishment and management
- National and International networks
- Approved to value Australian contemporary art after 1980 for the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Master of Arts (Fine Arts) University of Sydney
- Art Gallery of NSW: Registrar and Curator
- NSW Ministry for the Arts: Manager Visual Arts and Craft and Museums and Galleries
- Australia Council: Director Visual Arts
- Art & Australia: Editorial Advisory Board
- Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation: National and International Art Adviser
- College of Fine Arts University of NSW: Visiting Fellow
- Member of the Art Committee of Glenorchy Art & Sculpture Park (GASP!) in Hobart
- Councillor on the University of Sydney Power Institute for Art & Visual Culture Foundation
- Anna Waldmann was art consultant to legal firm Minter Ellison for the sale of their collection and the acquisition of new works for their new offices in Sydney, an example: JAMIE NORTH, New Relics (Justinian & Theodora) 2015 click to see image (© the artist. Photo: Anna Waldmann)
- "So you want my arts job: Art Adviser", Interview with Gina Fairley, ArtsHub Australia, 28 November 2022
- "Curating the future: Chris Saines", Art & Australia, Australia, 51 No. 4, May 2014, pp.504-7
- "A difficult Remit", Artsource newsletter, Autumn 2014, p.9
- "Cai Guo-Qiang at QAGOMA & Melbourne Now at NGV", Canvass, Issue 2, Summer/Autumn 2014
- "The creative lawyer: Mark Tedeschi", Art & Australia, Australia, 51 No. 2, November 2013, pp.212-215
- "Culture taking shape: Michael Brand in conversation with Anna Waldmann", Art & Australia, Australia, 50 No. 4, May 2013, pp.542-524
- "Illuminating life: Tony Ellwood in conversation with Anna Waldmann", Art & Australia, Australia, 50 No. 3, Autumn 2013, pp.390-391
- "Ai Weiwei: Interlacing Damien Hirst", Art & Australia, Australia, 50 No. 2, November 2013, p.308
- "A Mammoth Venice Biennale", Canvass, Issue 1, Spring 2013
- "Reclaimed by the land: Andrew Rogers’s ‘Time and Space’", Art & Australia, Australia, 46 No. 3 March 2012, pp.412-413
I have been actively involved with the development of contemporary art and the presentation of exhibitions, publications, cultural exchanges and public projects for hundreds of artists, galleries, art museums and contemporary art spaces at a national and international level.
I have organised the visits of a number of significant international curators and biennales directors, participated in Australian international promotions and established International Visual Art strategies.
I have worked with state and regional art galleries, funding agencies and all levels of Government, on policy development, funding, exhibition management, competitions, research and publications.
Anna was the consultant to financial giant AMP for their move to award winning Quay Quarter Tower and worked on their art policy and the collection displayed in their new offices.
Credits: Emily Kngwarreye; Minnie Pwerle, photos Amber Guenther